Need to find your niche? Christy Cash found her niche of creating custom grills while working for a jewelry company in Los Angeles. Since then, she has went out on her own to forge a new path under the Christy Cash brand. As an entrepreneur, she is inspiring, interesting, and truly invested in the relationships she forms with clients.
In this episode Christy and I talk about:
• What makes Los Angeles great.
• Living in Los Angeles being an inspiration to Christy’s work.
•The fact Christy was not too interested in jewelry at a young age.
• Getting into jewelry school and wanting to work for Ben Baller.
• Christy’s passion for grills coming from how much she enjoys getting to know her clients.
• Habits for maintaining a high level of concentration and the luxury of not having a 9-5.
• How Christy narrowed down into her niche of creating grills, as opposed to being an overall jeweler.
• Christy is 5’2″.
• The evolution of who wears grills.
• Christy’s desire for grills to be a common piece of jewelry.
• The importance of being intentional and not broadening your product or service just to make money.
• The difficulty of working for a company that attempts to define what you do, for you.
• Hesitation in starting her own business but getting through it with a solid support system.
• Best modern day marketing tools.
• Getting business directly from instagram and word of mouth.
• Profit margin in creating and selling custom grills. Christy’s desire to make sure they are affordable.
• Christy’s plans for the future. Living in the now.
• Most important lesson is to believe in your craft. Don’t try to fit into someone’s box.